Reclaim Social Care Privacy Notice
This privacy statement sets out how Reclaim Social Care collects, uses, and protects any information that you give Reclaim Social Care, and what controls you have over the use of your personal information, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
Reclaim Social Care is committed to protecting your privacy. In order to keep in contact with you we will hold certain personal information. This information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Our contact details
The secretary of Reclaim Social Care acts as the Data Controller according to the Data Protection Act requirements. The Data Controller can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or c/o 11 Regina Drive, Leeds, LS7 4LR.
The type of information we hold
We collect the following information from individuals who are members and supporters and organisations that affiliate to Reclaim Social Care
- contact information including email address, postal address, and telephone numbers
- campaign, trade union, political party or name of the organisation that is affiliating to Reclaim Social Care
- membership and affiliation fees
- bank account information where agreed to pay membership or affiliation by standing order, direct debit, or other online payment method
How we get the information and why we have it
We will collect the information on membership or affiliation forms (electronic or paper), by online form on our website, email and from signing in forms at Reclaim Social Care events and stalls. When you provide us with personal information online, in written form or email we will ask you to consent to the collection and processing of this data for the purposes listed below.
What we do with the information
The information we collect is used to
- Inform you of Reclaim Social Care events and meetings
- Inform you of other campaigns, events, meetings organised by affiliates and others about social care
- Share information about social care research, policy and practice
- Share individual views about social care policy and practice
- Get feedback, views and opinions to inform our policy and practice
- Ask you for membership fees, affiliation fees, donations and fundraising
- Ask you for information about how you can help Reclaim Social Care
How we store your information
We will ensure that any personal information we collect from you will be held in a secure environment. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we will always maintain any electronic information using password protection. Only people authorised by the officers will have access to your personal information where it is necessary to have your information to undertake specific tasks for Reclaim Social Care.
When you join Reclaim Social Care through our website your information is held in a secure SQL database which is not shared with any third parties. When you make a payment through PayPal your information will be subject to the PayPal Privacy Statement
All people who are authorised to have access to your information will be responsible for the security, storage and retention of your information according to this Privacy Statement.
When you email or reply to an email at email@example.com you may provide other people with access to your personal information from your email address. It is up to each individual to maintain their googlegroup contact information to level of privacy that they require.
We may also hold personal information on paper records, as signing in sheets and membership/affiliation forms.
In general we will not share any of your personal information with any individual or organisation without your express permission. However there may be occasions when we need to disclose details such as the following:
- In order to comply with any legal obligations, eg the police, regulatory bodies and crime protection agencies
- In the event of a safeguarding disclosure or concern
- Service providers acting on our behalf, eg processing PayPal payments, mailing houses, website hosting, email delivery services – these providers will have confirmed our confidentiality agreements and be working in compliance with GDPR
We will destroy any personal information we hold about you when it is no longer necessary for the purpose that it was intended e.g signing in sheets at events. If you no longer wish to be involved with Reclaim Social Care you can request that we will destroy all your personal records.
Your data protection rights
At any time you can contact our data controller by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request information on what personal data we hold about you and/or to have any personal data we have removed/destroyed or amended. It is your responsibility to contact one of the officers of Reclaim Social Care to ensure the data we hold about you is up to date.
How to complain
If you have any complaints about the use of your personal information, please contact our data controller. If the complaint is about the data controller please contact one of the other officers of Reclaim Social Care.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Agreed 22nd March 2021 by the Reclaim Social Care Committee